Yekatit 12 hospital medical college (Y12 HMC) Announcement for enrollment to maternal-fetal medicine and urogynecology fellowship programs.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Y12HMC kindly invites all qualifying candidates to apply for maternal-fetal medicine and urogynecology for the year 2022/2023 G.C.
Background and General information
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Y12HMC as mandated by the Academic Commission of the college has planned to start the above-mentioned fellowship programs. The primary goal of these fellowship programs is to produce physicians who are competent clinicians, trainers, researchers, advocates, and leaders in all issues related to respective sub-specialty disciplines and broader reproductive health.
These are two years programs at the end of which candidates will become subspecialists in respective fellowship programs. The training will involve clinical attachments, deductive trainings (seminars, tutorials, online lectures, research training, and mentorship), with possible attachments abroad (depending on the availability of resources and a competitive basis) attending various local and international relevant conferences, and taking a supervisory role in the training of residents, undergraduate medical students and related in-service trainings.
Fellows are also expected to conduct high-standard research in their respective programs as part of a requirement for completion of the fellowship.
Requirements and Schedule for enrollment:
- September 2022
- Two fellowship positions are available for enrollment in each program.
- The candidate should be graduate from a recognized medical school with Doctor of Medicine and a specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The candidate must complete a screening process for admission to be conducted by the Y12 HMC Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
- The candidate should produce two recommendation letters from their respective institutions.
- The candidate should be registered and licensed to practice obstetrics and gynecology by the relevant authority in Ethiopia.
- The candidate should have adequate mental and physical health
- The candidate should be a staff of Y12 HMC
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged.
*All interested applicants can apply in person to the office of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology from July 1 to 15, 2022. Applicants should write a letter of intent of no more than 750 words explaining why they are interested in the fellowship, how this will impact their career and their long-term professional goals.
Applicants should submit an application letter, letter of intent, recent CV, and copy of credentials including copies of degree, student grade report, and two letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope.
Dr. Tizita Abraham
Head of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology